View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 06:19 AM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
Might be a strange question here on the MR MB, but I was wondering if any of my fellow writers still use a pen at any point during the writing process. I find that what works best for me is fountain pen and composition book with nice paper for the first draft and then after that it's all word processor. But when I try to do first draft on the computer I just end up constantly refining each blasted sentence as I go and it takes longer than forever to get a chapter done.

So, are there any pen, Sharpie or Ticonderoga #2 devotees out there?
Yep. I generally start with notes and ideas etc. in my writing journal -- just a cheap spiral notebook. If the idea is promising I'll begin collecting/writing on loose-leaf sheets and keep in a folder. At some point I'll type it in. Each step gives opportunity to edit/improve/etc.

No special writing instruments or paper....it's the words that are important, not what they are written with/on.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote