View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Sony & ipad
Ghosting & Lines in Screen - SD or Hardware?

Hello,

Yesterday night my Cybook started acting strange. Initially the screen looked fine until I selected a book or tried to scroll the menu forward. The screen had lines, ghosting and other bizarre behaviors. The unit was fully charged.
Attachment 25521

What I did discover was if I took out the SD card everything appeared to work fine. So, I reformatted the SD card and recopied the books over. Same problem still existed.

Then I tried coping the books directly to the internal memory. That actually seems to work other than the strange screen when I disconnect from the computer. If I turn off and back on a normal screen appears. At least I can scroll and read.

Attachment 25522

My question is: Do you think this is strictly a SD card issue or a hardware issue?

Of course, I am scheduled to go to Hawaii in 2 weeks! For those of you who have sent your in for repairs - how long it it take?

Thank you!

Last edited by Debby; 06-07-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Debby is offline   Reply With Quote