View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 03:58 PM   #1
tamhas
Zealot
tamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Loss of link between Calibre and Kindle

I haven't used Calibre in about a month ... sudden spate of library books ... and went to catch up today. Unsurprisingly, there was a prompt for an update, so I did that first. I am now on 2.83 and was on 2.78. For reasons to do with DRM, while books automatically download to my Paperwhite, to add them to Calibre I download them from Amazon. This means that, after I have added, updated metadata, and done a conversion to epub, I have to go into the Paperwhite from Calibre and match the Kindle book to the one in Calibre. Today when I went to do this after the first addition I noticed that only a small percentage of books in the Kindle showed as being in the Library. Back in the Library, I could see that only a small percentage of books showed as being on the device. The include the two most recent additions prior to the one today, put prior to that, there are large gaps.

I suppose I could go one by one matching the books back to the library ... but I have 687 books on the Paperwhite, so that would be *real* tedious. Any hope here?
tamhas is offline   Reply With Quote