Thread: Reading apps
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #23
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTR View Post
Thanks for the follow up. Good to hear it's in the pipeline still. I've managed to open books in Calibre with third party viewers using 'right click > open with' but haven't seen any option to set/change the default reader. I'd assume it's in the code somewhere that sets 'E-Book viewer'as default. Not that it's a deal breaker for me, just the right click option in Calibre to select Freda is sufficient. More important/convenient is having Freda installed as (optional) default reader in Windows and being able to select/open books within Freda using Calibre's library on that device rather than it's own. Will have a look if I can figure out something from the code....
I couldn't get Calibre to set the default reader as Freda, because, though Calibre does let you set a different reader program, it does it by asking you to specify the executable (that is, the .EXE file). Freda being a Windows Store App, you can't launch it using the name of its .EXE file. There is, I think, some long hexadecimal-infested incantation you could use with the link to the Windows Store .EXE to make it launch Freda, but so far I did not figure it out.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote