View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 01:28 PM   #8
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
It all depends. The only issue that I've ever had with an iOS release was my dislike for the way audiobooks were changed from iTunes to iBook. The only issue I've had with an macOS release was problems with a fairly obscure driver for my Vantage Pro2 weather station, and I haven't had any issues with that for quite a few releases. It's been a long, long time since I've rolled back a release with Apple.

There is a reason that macOS and iOS have the highest upgrade percentage by a large margin. Apple does large open beta tests. Most of the issues tend to be obscure, tend to be fixed quickly and get overblown by a press looking for something to write.

If you don't feel comfortable upgrading for a week or two, then don't. There really isn't any must have features on the iOS side. but I expect there to be few issues with this release. You might run into issues with abandon-ware (apps that don't get updated on a regular basis), but none of my apps had issues and I do have some pretty old apps, including a couple that I'm being warned may have issues in the future.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote