View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #110
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Author Level Scrubbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by g25 View Post
........ You see the author level scrub I initially did, I did for ALL 6000 books at once (overnight while sleeping). It left almost half of them still dirty and not author_ok (or whatever). BUT! The authors HAD been corrected. ......
As the User Guide says on Page 11 in item (5), the Status of books will be changed to "auth_ok" only if Author Level Scrubbing changes the Work Author itself. It will change Work Title to remove bits and pieces of the Work Author name regardless of whether it had to change the Work Author itself. The Job Log will have shown what was changed (From:To) for each of the many scenarios for which it finds metadata related (directly or indirectly) to Work Author that needs fixing.

The vast majority of your books will retain their Status of "dirty" at the end of Author Level Scrubbing. The minority will have been changed to "auth_ok".

I refer you to the following May 16, 2015 post in this thread that has a picture of what is 100% normal to see at the end of Author Level Scrubbing: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...64#post3103064

Book Level Scrubbing only looks at books with a Status of "dirty" or "auth_ok". The so-called "at: 99% Doing Miscellaneous Scrubbing", which rides on the coat-tails of Book Level Scrubbing to ensure it gets executed at the right time and in the right place (which is why it is not its very own job to begin with), will look at any non-null Status: "dirty"; "auth_ok", "book_ok".

Pay much less attention to Status and a whole lot more attention to what the Job Log says. I refer you to what the Original Post says about that:

Quote:
Q&S requires that you closely review every Q&S Job Log, preferably while it is executing. This is for many reasons, all of which are for your benefit. If you do not wish or intend to review each and every Q&S Job Log, and follow any instructions or take note of any warning or error messages they may provide, then Q&S will not work properly for you.
The User Guide also says to review every Q&S Job Log.

Given what you have been doing, I suggest that you run the Standard Calibre "Library > Library Maintenance > Check Library" function, which will automatically defragment/compress the metadata.db file. It will have grown enormously by now.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote