View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallhagrid View Post
Hello Jennifer and thanks for jumping in here !

This happened originally the same with whatever native F/W it had right out of the box - I wrote it down at the office, but not here, sorry...then I 'upgraded' it to the Cooler Reader F/W because the native one was awful - and the meter is EXACTLY the same.

Best Wishes.

mark
Alright, I spoke with tech again, so hopefully I can explain what he said clearly to help out!

Your Mentor's meter might be affected by some internal factory settings that measure the battery's capacity at literally 100%. Technically, no battery can be "100%" completely charged, "full" is measured at the fullest charge the battery can sustain. So all batteries, let's say, are really running at an 80% charge, but that's the fullest it can go. (Being plugged in would be an example of a 100% charge)

So where the device is manufactured, the settings were switched to measure a true 100%. My advice would be to use the device normally and keep track of how long the life is as compared to a Mentor that shows a full charge. If our tech is correct, it should have the same length of battery life.

If not, then we can move on to Stage 2, which is send it in! I hope this makes sense and helps, let me know if it's confusing. (Still a little confusing to me too!)
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote