View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 07:59 AM   #6
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
I like wordgrinder but I've never written anything of any great length in it.
I also like wordgrinder, and it has the full potential for writing novels, but it falls short with scientific articles (footnotes, endnotes, formulas, graphs...).

Big graphical word processors like LibreOffice make it too difficult to configure the composing interface to your liking. They are stuck at the publishing interface, but the composing interface should be configurable, when you spend most time at composing, staring at the computer trying to get the job done. Formatting for publication should be a different procedure, a post-processing.

Wordgrinder and Emacs run at terminal, which you can configure to spare the eyes. Emacs Org mode has the ability to output perfect scientific formatting too (which takes some learning of course). Both programs are pretty good at saving and converting different text formats.

Edit: A good intro for Emacs org mode is perhaps this speech by its original creator, who at first needed a tool for notes for scientific articles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJTwQvgfgMM

Last edited by mobama; 01-01-2020 at 05:37 AM. Reason: added link to video
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote