View Single Post
Old 06-02-2003, 12:47 AM   #8
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I quite agree with you. In fact, I have noticed the same thing among my own family and friends. My girlfriend has pretty much converted and decided to start reading eBooks. My father is now using his wireless phone as his main PIM, and I'm really trying to get him into handhelds. The conversion seems to be working, albeit slowly. As for the rest of my friends and family, there are a few really tough cookies among them. My mother likes books enough to devote a room of the house to them. A friend of mine likes paper enough to be studying to become an archivist, so I don't hold out much hope for her.
In general, I think that some people will probably never want to convert to the benefits of electronic media. However, there are a lot of people who, given the chance, would gladly carry around ten or twenty novels and an encyclopedia in a device which fits in a shirt pocket. In fact, I think the market would be a lot bigger if more people knew that this were possible.
Scott