View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
I went through 5 different paperwhites last month from Amazon.com and Best Buy before returning them all. I bought an iPad Mini and while I love my mini, I miss the use of an e-reader.

I took a chance and bought a Paperwhite from Staples Black Friday sale. Like "New", I don't see any color blobs. The shadows are still there, but it's not as bad as the previous ones. The screen looks real sharp with the light down. With the light all the way up, it's the best I've had.
How long have you had the one from Staples? Guess a short while since it was Black Friday.

What setting do you use to read in the dark? Do you hold it at arms length too? It is gorgeous to read in a lighted room, it is the best I have ever seen too. Just wonderful to read on.

Maybe you need to turn your light up also to get rid of shadows, if you are talking about shadows in the text (not on the bottom from the led). Mine improved greatly after I turned it up.
new is offline   Reply With Quote