View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #4
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
For me? Yes. For lots of others? Yes.

I remember one of the biggest complaints about the first three Kindles was the keyboard. It was "ugly." Many derided it as a "giant calculator."
When I was looking to get my first eInk reader the choices were Kinde 1 or Sony PRS 505. The keyboard on the Kindle was a big negative factor for me, so much physical space 'wasted' without any extra screen.
I can see it is extremely useful for people who want to make frequent notes, do a lot of searching through books and suchlike, and was important originally to allow people to easily browse the online bookstore, but I think for most casual readers the touchscreen option would be preferable.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote