View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
Woodstonian
Connoisseur
Woodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
DRM-free EPUB from Kobo doesn't save in ADE library

I just used a free offer (KOBO 2012 Book Club) to obtain a book. I don't know whether this fact is significant, but it says on the kobobooks.com site that it is DRM-free EPUB. I want to put the EPUB in my ADE library. When I click on the button "DOWNLOAD EPUB", ADE is opened as I would expect and the book shows up in ADE's Reading View. When I switch to the Library View, however, it's not there. Going back to the Reading View, it gives me a book that I was previously reading there.

I had purchased books from Kobobooks.com using this same method before and I don't recall having any problem. They were, however, "Adobe DRM EPUB" format.

Am I missing something? Is there some other steps I can go through to get it into ADE library? I am able to download it through the Kobo Desktop using the "Sync" option, but I really want a portable backup like I do for all the other books I've purchased.
Woodstonian is offline   Reply With Quote