View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #7
Geeky
Enthusiast
Geeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdom

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndr76 View Post
I have't tried it yet, but I will as soon as I get my hands on a Windows machine.
If you need a Windows machine because of the Kobo Desktop software, it can be done using Wine&Winetricks as well. Winetricks offers the Kobo software in it's app section (sorted under Borders, not Kobo). It installs 2.1.2, which upgrades itself later on to the latest version (2.1.5?). Anyway, after changing the device type of the KOBOeReader from auto to floppy everything worked, which left me kind of baffled, tbh.. Check out the last posts:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=82378&page=18

BTW, downloading the Kobo desktop binary and trying to install it didn't work, only the winetricks with the offered "Borders" app worked for me. Go figure.
Geeky is offline   Reply With Quote