View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #25
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
after the discussion with WDecraene yesterday about the horrible Tom Waits :irony mark: and how some of his songs might be bearable when sung by rod steward and the like, i remembered that along with the eleventy-bunyip Tom Waits albums i unthinkingly have accumulated i also have "Step Right Up: The Songs of Tom Waits" as performed by artists such as Violent Femmes (damn ! i forgot them on my list on that other thread...), Jim Buckley, and Drugstore.

Old Shoes by Drugstore is beautiful, as is Martha by Jeff Buckley (it'll break your heart...)
Horrible Tom Waits? Blasphemy....

Of course... yeah, there's a good chunk of his stuff that I'd rather put a whole in my head than listen to, but Time, Martha, Ol' 55, Downtown Train (Rod Stewart... uck!), Christmas Card from a Hooker...

At any rate... Jeff Buckley doing a cover of Martha? I'm so there!

(His version of Cohen's "Hallelujah" = greatest song in the universe.)
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote