Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I personally do not see a need for a 6 month rule. A book is only fully nominated after getting a 2nd and a 3rd. If people are not interested in reading it, or find it to be out of genre, then it will not get nominated. If it gets nominated, then there is a interest, and denying the nomination says that we do not care that there is an interest.

Storm Front, like Lolita, was a "political game", for lack of a better phrase. People nominated and/or voted for it to make a statement. As I stated earlier, I'm pretty sure Storm Front would be ignored if it was suggested for the Romance category.
Part of the problem is we do sometimes end up with books nominated that are not really a fit with the category for the month and even when this is pointed out, they are still allowed. We really need to take a stand and disallow these books from being nominated.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote