View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #1100
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Hmmm... I just noticed something odd with the standalone version:

booting to fastboot, then:
fastboot setvar bootmode diags
fastboot reboot

does not work with the standalone one. The device stays in a "non-working" fastboot mode. With the "original" fastboot.bin, everything works as expected.

This is reproducible.

Any thoughts? (My guess is that the standalone version can't set the bootmode anymore, or can't properly reboot, maybe because the relevant parts have been "patched out" to save space).
That is good to know. At least the "fastboot inside" version can be used to flash a full uboot bist image to the mmc, so that you can then boot to the full fastboot mode.

The main reason for the existence of this standalone uboot with integrated fastboot is for users who have an erased or corrupted uboot bist in their mmc, so even a stripped down version with no bootmode support still has its place in our collection of debricking tools.

Thanks for finding this before I replaced the one in the MfgTool profiles. Now I will add it as a fourth profile instead...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote