View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 09:52 AM   #65
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Only if someone can reproduce it in a repeatable and documentable way. I have seen it happen, but, it isn't consistent. And I haven't found anything in the logs to help. I don't normally sideload dictionaries, so I maybe I did something wrong (Set read-only flag and sync. Anything else?). Or I might have missed the discussion on how to break it. If so, can someone point it out.
You're looking for geek1011/dictutil#6. Most of the other discussion happened over PMs, but the important parts are in that issue. I still have yet to figure out the exact condition checked (I just haven't got around to it yet), but the issue should be apparent if Kobo looks at their own code.

Quote:
And for the record, there are two syslogs posted in this thread. Neither show anything useful. Both show the "SyncDictionariesCommand" being run. That is what I would expect. Part of that function would be to decide if there are dictionaries to be updated, and if the read-only dictionaries shouldn't be replaced. A different log level might show more.
Yes, see the issue I linked.

Last edited by geek1011; 05-15-2020 at 11:42 AM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote