View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 12:09 AM   #382
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzell View Post
Common uses are to allow editing a specific format of a book in an external editor (such as to edit an EPUB in Sigil), or to edit the cover of a book in an external graphics program to crop/resize it.

Kiwidude,
I can't add Jutoh to the 'Open With' plugin, but I sure would like to. Would you be willing to add Jutoh to the pre-programmed list alongside Sigil for say a $20 donation? When I click on the plugin Help all I get is some kind of error, so I can't learn how to do it myself.
The default directory for Jutoh install is C:\Program Files\Jutoh\jutoh.exe

I totally understand if you don't wish to add this particular ebook editor.

Thanks for reading and thanks for creating the plugin,
Frizzell
As @theducks said, it should just be adding the application through the configuration. That means clicking the add button and filling in the fields presented. These are:
  • Title - What you want to appear in the menu. Probably just "Jutoh"
  • Submenu - Can usually be ignored, but this allows multiple entries in a submenu.
  • Format - What book format to choose to open. You probably want to choose "EPUB".
  • Image - An icon to show on the menu. If anything, you probably want the Jutoh icon, but, that can be done later.
  • Application path - The path to the executable. That should be what you have above.
  • Args - Any arguments that are needed when Jutoh is started.

The "Args" are probably the main problem. If there is nothing in this field, the plugin will start the application with the path to the book file. If other parameters are needed, you will need to add them. I don't use Jutoh, so can't say what is needed.

I suggest you try the above and see what happens. If it works, great. If it doesn't, then hopefully you will get an error message and we can work from that.

As to the help, I have to say "whoops". I have done some maintenance of the plugin, but, I obviously missed that. What's worse it is was a common problem and I have fixed it in other places but didn't think of this one.

And, I should also mention that there are probably two other ways to achieve this.

Firstly, if you have Jutoh associated with the book format you want to edit (meaning you can double-click on the book in explorer to open it), then you can change the preferences in calibre to use the OS settings to open the book.

And calibre has it's own "Open with". This will prompt you to select the application to open the book with. I think it remembers previous choices so that you can use them easily, but, it isn't something I do often enough to remember.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote