View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by affa View Post
Each appendices is a different file, all created with Sigil's 'split on chapter break' command.

I have half solved the problem so far by inserting an extra header.

That is, for the first file, it used to just be:

<h2 id="heading_id_2">Glossary</h2>

So first I made the file
<h2 id="heading_id_2">Appendices</h2>
<h3 id="heading_id_3">Glossary</h3>

Therein lies my new problem. As per Toxaris's suggestion above, I added a style for h2 with 'display:none' so that the word Appendices doesn't appear at the top of the Glossary. But this made all my chapter names (all h2) not display either, for obvious reasons.

So then I altered the above and demoted to:

<h3 id="heading_id_3">Appendices</h3>
<h4 id="heading_id_4">Glossary</h4>

And changed the display:none to h3.

Now it doesn't show up in book (great!). But... unfortunately, now Appendices is indented in the TOC, even though I don't want it to be. Now, that's a minor issue, really, and wouldn't cause us not to release it... but the OCD in me really wants to know if there is a way to fix this, since often solutions come in handy in other situations.

Any way around that?
Make the stylesheet entry (can be any none-selector name)

Code:
.hidden { display: none}
now in your code
<h3 id="heading_id_3" class="hidden">Appendices</h3>
<h4 id="heading_id_4">Glossary</h4>

this way, you can use class="hidden" at any level

You missed my earlier example using title="Appendix" which also works with graphic (icon) headings
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote