View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
YYZscientist
YYZscientist began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX (Global)
Oxford built-in dictionary disappears after changing default dictionary

A few days ago I bought and downloaded the Merriam-Webster French-English dictionary from the Kindle store. I then followed the procedure to change my default dictionary to this one (when in the Settings page, press "Menu" and you'll see a new option that wasn't there before, to change the default dictionary). All was swell and I recall still seeing the built-in Oxford dictionary in my book list... Fast forward a few days (having not turned off the device, just letting it go to sleep when unused), I wanted to change the dictionary back to the default one. To my surprise that option from the Settings Menu was gone! It's as if it thinks there are no other dictionaries to switch to (but it does, the built-in one!). In addition, the Oxford dictionary no longer seems to be in my book list. Odd...

Anyone else can replicate this? Anyone know of a solution? Is it a bug, or something I did? (Nothing extravagant, just uploaded some PDFs, bought a few books, etc.)

I'm using one of the newly shipped (to Canada) Kindle DX Global devices (serial number starting with B005), which comes with the 2.3 firmware.
YYZscientist is offline   Reply With Quote