View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #17
Derek87
Connoisseur
Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW3
Thanks everyone.

i'm almost 2 weeks in on my Oasis 1. i can't say i've found the perfect grip yet, but its definitely more comfortable that the Oasis 2 was (no hand cramping) and i can read for a couple hours at a time without any ill effect. but i do really miss that extra inch of screen space...

i think my previously experienced page turning issues may have been user error and/or the kindle indexing.

i also have gotten used to the light gradient. as i noted elsewhere, to my eye, the "gradient toward yellow" on the thin side is mitigated if i have the thick side held to the right. the down side of this are the light cones. there are two prominent light cones on the middle of the page that i still haven't been able to ignore. as luck would have it, they are much less intrusive if they are on the right hand side of the page, but then i have the light gradient issue to try to "forget." i'm pretty sure i'll keep it, but i'm tempted to order another one in hopes that i might get a better unit, but i'm not sure its worth the hassle and if i will likely get a unit with different issues.

finally, the good news is i have not had any problems with the charging covers connection to the main unit.

thanks again for everyone's helpful sharing and comments. i still may get an Oasis 2 at some point but that unit would be used exclusively for "not in bed" reading.
Derek87 is offline   Reply With Quote