View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 05:41 PM   #34
petzi
Connoisseur
petzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 7 Tablet, iPad mini 4, iPhone XS
Quote:
[1] Does anything in the CSV work for you? 0%? 50%? 99%? How many books are in the CSV that you are testing?
No, never. Always 0%. The reported trial with the Windows machine I did over Skype with of friend of mine who has Zotero installed, but not Calibre. I'm out of town and have limited access to PCs and internet.

[2] I have attached the .csv file. I exported it from a collection and left the checkmark "Notes" (or Annotation) unchecked. It is a generic file, I have not touched it, opened it or whatsever. I just zipped it. And I have used the newest ZMI version 1.0.9. (It would be nice if you could include the version number in the ZMI dialog window.)

Quote:
[4] You might try using Zotfile to rename the books that have the errors to use only basic characters to see if that fixes the problem.
I have done this in some of my test trials. Just to be sure that there is nothing wrong with the file name. I also worked out some trials with just english filenames. (This was the reason why I exported sometimes only two/three Zotero entries – to have complete control.)

In some of my latest trials (starting with version 1.0.6 I believe) I sometimes got different error messages about a "TECHNICAL FAILURE".

Quote:
calibre, version 2.60.0
ERROR: ZMI: TECHNICAL FAILURE for: calibredb add --library-path=/Users/xxxxx/Documents/Meine E-Books/Calibre/Zotero --identifier zkey:S6IP87AQ "/Users/xxxxx/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/6kbcf8zv.Standard/zotero/storage/FCQ22QCV/dig_erlass_bl1.pdf"

TECHNICAL FAILURE for: calibredb add --library-path=/Users/xxxxx/Documents/Meine E-Books/Calibre/Zotero --identifier zkey:U48Z5ZX5 "/Users/xxxxx/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/6kbcf8zv.Standard/zotero/storage/S7JZ3SBF/Internetkompetenz_von SchuelerInnen.pdf"
In these cases I have the relevant files not included in my next trial, e.g. I exported another .csv file without these files. (Attention: these two files are included in the export file I have attached to this post.)

Columns: I have compared your file with my column names. They appear exactly as in my trials. I had no column without a header and I used a generic (default) column setting, when I created the new library. After each trial I deleted the (empty) library and also the folder where the files should go, because there were two metadata files in it. So essentially I started each trial with a complete new session: new library, new .csv-file and so on.

PS.: Due to other obligations I do not know when I will have time to look into this issue again. I hope that I will next Monday online again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ZMI-Test.csv.zip (23.3 KB, 455 views)
petzi is offline   Reply With Quote