View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 06:53 AM   #151
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorcsev View Post
please,

How many are "large..." or "very large..."

if someone tells me how many bytes is large or very large, then I would be able to decide whether they are large or not
For epub, calibre uses 260KB as to large. That comes from older ereaders, but, the RMSDK used for epubs still seems to work on it. You can go larger without any real problems. The epub renderer will probably put in a forced page break at about that point. You probably won't notice any real performance issues until 1MB.

For kepub, the problem size is a lot larger. I have loaded book with more than 1MB in the internal files with no issues. An average size novel wouldn't cause a problem. But, for kepubs, having multiple ToC entries pointing into a large file will cause problems. You won't really have problems unless you are trying to build a large omnibus of some sort.

The above is from my experimenting over the years. Best practice is one chapter per file, and one ToC per file.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote