View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #138
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I used to have an iPod 3G as well. The fascinating thing about the design is that it has no moving parts -- the wheel is touch-controlled and is part of the sculpted surface, as are the recessed buttons. The flame-orange lights are another fun design feature: they look more like active cinders than LEDs (you absolutely know that Ive was thinking of fire and ice). It was also the first iPod that could record sound if you bothered to install Linux, but the quality was putrid. The iRiver iHP-140 was leagues better at that, as it had optical IO.

Pity about the 3G's sound, however. Not its strong suit. I still use my iHP-140 occasionally.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 04-19-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote