View Single Post
Old 06-21-2023, 03:40 PM   #106
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
...Thanks for your thoughts on this issue.

Unfortunately, if you started browsing for a 'Don Browles" book, you wouldn't find one by me. . (I suppose I can always change my last name to 'Browles.')
Y'know...I have to say, for whatever it's worth, if you have a subscription to Midjourney, (or even a few of the others, but for my $$$, Midjourney is the Google of its niche), we've made some BANGING images for covers. I mean, targeted stuff that we could never have done, scrounging around for the perfect images from stock places, even those that are not cheap, like um...(thinking, taking some meds that make my brain not so hot), Alamy, Getty, Masterfile (yowchy), etc.

We just finished a, if I do say so myself, GORGEOUS Christian cover--a person's arms/hands, chained, with a Dove of Peace coming in for a landing--the client could not be more thrilled. The tries we made at mooshing together stock..oy vey.

So...it's something to consider. NO, the images (alone) cannot be copyrighted, by you, TO you. But the finished cover can. And realistically, how many folks will come along and steal your image?

And if they do--what's the real difference between them doing that or seeing your Pexels or DepositPhotos or Unsplash,etc. image, on a cover and getting it for themselves and using it?

I'm just saying, we have customers that are over the moon, about their very "perfect" imagery, made using AI. No, the entire cover is NOT made--it's the image and then you have to make the rest, text, yadda, but...it's a huge leg up.

Offered FWIW.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote