Thread: PRS-300 Loading forever
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #10
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
You know what, I had that problem too. Not as severe as yours, but it still sucked. I added about 21 books onto my 300 (all my favorites) and when I went to read one of them, the "loading" (2 arrows in a circle turning slowly) screen took forever. After a couple of minutes, the reader would shut down, almost like it was doing its own little soft reset b/c when it would power back on it went to the last book I had read which wasn't my immediate last action on the reader. I would go back to where my books are and try to load the same book. Same thing. Once I did it about three times it finally opened the book up and I haven't had a problem since, although I haven't tried to open another book. I got so frustrated that by the time the book loaded I was already pulling out my 600. Yours sounds a little more complicated than mine but it still sucked. Hope you figure out what the deal is! Oh yeah, if you just bought it you should return it as opposed to sending it in to be repaired. All they're going to do is swap it woth another one. If you decide to send it make sure you backup everything you have on there so it doesn't get lost!

Good luck
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote