View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #14
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui Neng View Post
Actually there are other options: given the fact that tablet displays have improved enormously - why not go for an Nexus 10? Gives you many more options on PDFs and considerably less hassles than M92.
It depends on individual needs. I have M92 and also Asus Eee Transformer Pad Prime 201 + keyboard. So I can compare. It has better (or not worse) display than Nexus 10.

Yes, for browsing web, receiving/sending emails, watching movies, photographs, Skype and reading short texts, it is for sure superior to M92.

For long reading in any light conditions (I mean mainly exess of light), anotating texts and scribling to them and for conditions with no or difficult to reach possibility to charge, M92 is superior.

So it depends, what the user needs are. There is no ideal all purpose device to read and process texts and visual information available now. Each technology has its pros and cons.

If tablet, better choice than Nexus 10 might be Galaxy Note 10. I do not have experience with it, but incorporating precision pen in tablet seems to solve some of the usability obstacles of other tablets.

But even if you compare Note 10 and M92. M92 still wins in having less eyestrain, a lot better readibility in extreme light and many times longer usage on battery.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote