View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswd View Post
Does anybody know of a website (the answer may even be MobileRead itself, in some section I haven't discovered yet) where authors can go and ask other authors questions about things in the real world they don't have experience with?

For a story I'm writing, I need some details about high school football (in America, in the 1990s). I've never played high school football, I know nothing about it. I don't want to get the details wrong and look foolish. Where can I go to ask somebody?

(BTW, I don't want a football site - that would only help me with this question. I'm looking for a site where anybody can ask anything, because I know I'm going to need more help with other stuff in the future.)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Why would you want to limit research to information from other writers? The best answers are more likely to be found in the area of interest, not from any form of third party. Google, Google Scholar or Wolfram Alpha are good starting points.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote