View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #27
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie View Post
The number of e-readers and tablets skyrocketed this Christmas, and the number of people that are, or will shortly be, extremely "perturbed" when they see the publisher prices, will likewise skyrocket.
I seriously doubt this. Why would people new to e-reading be surprised that buying an e-book costs just a bit less than buying the book in paper? None of the people I know who bought an e-book after agency pricing was established have really complained any more about e-book pricing than they have about regular book pricing.

It seems like most of the e-book pricing complaints come from people who bought an e-book reader before agency pricing and thus experienced a price hike. I don't think that many new, non-MR readers particularly expect buying a new e-book to be much less expensive than buying a new paperback. Most people seem to be happy that there are so many public domain books that they can get for free.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote