Thread: PRS-T1 New Homescreen
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #139
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Device: Asus Transformer Prime, Sony PRS-T1, HTC Sensation
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Cool, thanks.

Thinking about this some more from a UI angle, I'm wondering if you could have an option to override "Collection 1" or "Collection 2" (either on each collection or as a periodicals specific option) to be replaced with "New Periodicals" if there are any present?

Another option which would be more like the current Sony homescreen functionality would be to list the first new periodical at the top of the "Currently Reading" list.

Next question... After a USB sync, the book lists are empty and I need to restart SonyPrsT1Home for it to see the books. It is possible to add some sort of USB disconnect notification and then rescan/reload the book list?

Cheers,
Simon.
okay, in version 0.0.3.0, periodicals (and recently added) can be shown as one of the collections on the homescreen.

My app reads all it's data from the Sony databases, so if these haven't been populated by the sony software, there will be no books shown. when you reboot, I guess that the Sony software is kick started into populating the database (or unlocks it so I can get a read only view on the data)
mrspaceman is offline   Reply With Quote