View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'll reveal my own prejudice: the problem with a thriller which you've already read is that it doesn't thrill, the second time around. So I'm hoping that Jackal, Eiger, Cold, Falcon and Firm are also-rans, because I won't feel like reading them again, heart-stopping though they might be.

Now, if someone hasn't read Alan Furst, s/he's in for a delightsome experience and possibly falling in love. Why not try someone new and current? The works I cited above also suffer from being dated. They're all pretty fusty at this point, not that they weren't great reads at the time.

While I'm prejudiced in favor of Furst, I promise to read any of the other nominated works that I didn't list.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote