View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartguy View Post
Hi friends,

I'm new to the community. I've had to share my opinion now, because this issue become pretty annoying for me over the time. I'm using Calibre for a long time. It's a great tool.

But I really can't understand, why the developers aren't integrating any auto-update functionality. I'm macOS user and nearly every relevant app has it's updater. It saves a lot of time to keep up-2-date. No need for investing 3-5 extra minutes on waiting, overwriting, keeping the eyes on process bars and confirm every little step.

Every time I put new epubs on my Kobo, Calibre is offering me a new release. However, I think it's good to get the latest issues fixed and get the newest features. But I don't have time to read the change log, if those infos are located on a different location at the website. In addition to that, I don't know what my current version number is installed. I need to check this – every single time – to keep track on all the changes and the "value" of an update.

PLEASE guys, I really like to see an auto-updater like this one:
https://sparkle-project.org

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!
Why doesn’t calibre have an automatic update?

See this thread.
Calibre Update/Install App for OS X

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote