View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 11:49 AM   #10
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Well I didn't disable it and I'm the one who did Windows installation and the only person using this PC.
I do remember running a Command Prompt command to enable display of "non present devices" in Device Manager, to be able to delete drivers & devices after I've changed motherboard and CPU. So as to not have to reinstall Windows.
I do have UAC turned off... no idea if that has something to do with this driver(s) thing. I wouldn't expect turning UAC off to "disable" all metro/modern app but it did it, so... who knows with Microsoft

I already have another Windows 8.1 x64 copy running inside VMware so maybe I will try installing RNDIS driver on it to refresh my memory.

edit: I do get that error windows if I just try "right click>install":

On my PC that already has working USBNetwork setup.

Last edited by shamanNS; 03-20-2016 at 12:03 PM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote