Thread: Firmware Update Kindle firmware update 5.13.7
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 04:56 PM   #44
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I count 8. The design trend is more white space, lots and lots of white page. Which is fine on a device that you can flick scroll very quickly. Not so sure on eink

Have they made the list item text bigger at least? Hard to tell
Yes, next time there are changes like this I need to hold off updating one of my 2 Kindles so I can do side-by-side and not rely on unreliable wetware memory. But it is really hard for me to resist.

Even if it were possible and convenient, I would not want to revert the update. I like it. Before if you’d asked me if I would like an update that reduced the number of titles per page, I would have said ‘absolutely not’. But it turns out I don’t mind.

Most of the issues involve narrow use cases (like having Kindles running with different UI languages and registered to the same account not syncing Read status correctly), and are not regressions, but only coming to light as a big UI change like this naturally draws more scrutiny (which is the only reason I discovered the Read status bug).

(An exception of course is removal of Home button from toolbar making it more onerous to escape from Dictionary browsing in a particular use case — arguably narrow. That is a clear regression, albeit one I’m not hopeful Amazon regards as serious enough to address.)

Last edited by tomsem; 08-20-2021 at 06:09 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote