View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #33
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
I don't hate her at all. I've even read two or three of her books - they're quite ok, but nothing that would warrant the monster hype; as a child I read tons of books that were on a level with Rowling: just plain nice children's books.

While Salinger blew my mind when I first read him. He's a writer, not a story-peddler. Mind you, I have nothing against story-peddlers and enjoy many of their wares, but a real writer is someone who can change the way you see the world - Salinger is one, Rowling isn't.
Maybe Rowling didn't change the way that YOU see the world, but she certainly did change it for many many children. I know at least 4 children personally that started reading books BECAUSE of Harry Potter. I also know 2 others that started reading because of Twilight. Who are you to say what will and won't change somebody else's life?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote