View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 05:49 AM   #7
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trel View Post
I just bought a Boox Poke 3.

Looks rootable. Hopefully I won't end up doing any real damage to it. My plan is to sideload a launcher (probably an old Nova launcher apk I got handy somewhere), fbreader, and amaze file manager.

With those three I should be able to recreate my current setup (kindle fire I got for free for listening to a timeshare pitch).

If not, well I bought the cheapest model that looked rootable, so expensive but not criplingly so mistake.
You don't need to root to do any of that. I'd also try the stock launcher for a few days at least. It's designed for eInk and avoids unnecessary scrolling and animations that will be rampant in something like Nova. Remember it's not an LCD screen so it doesn't really have a high refresh rate.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote