View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 05:57 PM   #54
wonderose
Enthusiast
wonderose began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablets
Multipage Tiff files

Hi Ivan,

I have been using your app for some weeks now and am very impressed. I suppose I am not using it as I should, since what I do with it is to read … multipage Tiff files. I've got quite a lot of them. Having tested, during the last few years, a bunch of Android software especially designed for this particular use, I can say with some assurance that yours is the best. Not only that, with Librera, the pictures are depicted with superior quality, everything seems to flow quickly and easily.

Still, I do have two issues I wanted to raise.

(1) As easily as I can open any multipage Tiff files with “Total Commander” or “ES File Explorer”, as assuredly I get an error message when I do this with another app, the MiXplorer. It always complains that the files were not there. Yet they are there, on the external SD. Mostly, however, I start with your in-built browser anyway, which is excellent.

(2) There is, for Windows, a Multi-page Tiff editor (ADEO). As far as the visualization of the files is concerned, it is not as good as your piece of software. Still, it offers something on top: the possibility of annotation, that is writing remarks in text boxes directly onto the document or, to be more precise, directly on one of the pages of these multi-page documents. In comparison, your bookmark feature is fine, but it is not quite adapted to the particular task with these somewhat long-winded documents. Still, I know, I do not use “Librera” as I should.
wonderose is offline   Reply With Quote