View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 04:37 PM   #48
gobrien
gobrien began at the beginning.

Device: Android
TTS

I have used Librera (not pro yet) for a bit, and I was wondering about 2 things:

When using TTS, it doesn't seem to show what it's reading. Other ereaders I've used highlight the sentence that it's on and scrolls with the speaking, but I don't see it in Librera. Is there an option for that/

Also, when in scroll mode, the scrolling is a bit choppy. I have a Galaxy S10, so it shouldn't be a hardware issue.

BTW, the reason I'm using Librera is specifically for scroll mode and TTS because I read so many ebooks with my old phone that I have lines across the phone where the text has burned into the screen. I also like being able to start a book in the car and continue reading directly when I'm waiting in line or eating.

If I could request a feature... Because each line of text on other readers was in the exact same place, I got the burn-in, is it possible to have a page view mode that every page it goes down a pixel (at some point, it would be down far enough so the last line couldn't fit, but an extra line could fit on top)? It could also maybe just go down 1 pixel per page for 1/2 line, then up, then down, etc. Possibly even have the extras around the pages moving for each page, or every once in a while. Moving a little left and right would also help as well.

Thanks,

Garrett
gobrien is offline   Reply With Quote