Thread: Ebookwise 1150
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #29
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolmicro View Post
Je n'ai pas bien compris cette phrase de Nick:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo
I have not figured this one out yet. I have the free EBW1150 dictionary and will be analyzing it more using my reverse-engineering tool (imp_dump.pl) as well as the new ConvertIMP editor/converter. I cannot make any other dictionary (and I have many of them from different sources) be used with the lookup feature of the EBW1150. Another brick in the wall to tear down....
Est-ce que cela signifie qu'il peut obtenir les fichiers sources de ce dictionnaire gratuit (dont j'entends parler, mais que je n'ai pas) avec son script imp_dump.pl ? Car je voudrais bien pouvoir étudier les fichiers sources d'un dictionnaire qui fonctionne en tant que tel sur l'ebookwise.
No, sorry, the free Random House dictionary that comes with the EBW1150 is encrypted to each hardware reader's serial number/user id. I cannot decrypt it. The source within the .imp to make the dictionary is first encrypted, then compressed. My imp_dump.pl can uncompress the source files, but they would still be encrypted. Plus, they are still under copyright, which would preclude me from releasing them to the general public. I, however, want to learn from it; how the EBW1150 uses any dictionary with its dictionary Lookup feature.
That dictionary has a new .RES filetype called HKEY which indexes the dictionary and it also has some new information in the first 48 bytes (header) of the .imp file. This may be a bit technical, so see this post for more information (about the .imp format; not the way it uses the dictionaries.)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote