View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #65
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
People who own the Galaxy S III, Photon Q or Evo LTE stateside (or the iPhone 5 anywhere) can speak to LTE's effect on battery life.
I get 8 hours of battery life using LTE on my iPhone 5. The price of 4G service is identical to what I was paying for 3G and coverage, while not identical, blankets almost my entire city of 1.5 million. The speeds are tremendous; much faster than even my home Internet.

3G (HSPA+): 5 Mbit down
Home Wi-Fi: 8-10 Mbit down
4G/LTE: 20-25 Mbit down

For comparison's sake, a friend who owns the original HTC Evo 4G (released 2010), gets about 3 to 4 hours of use per day. He keeps it constantly plugged in at his desk. EDIT: After some reading, it seems the Evo 4G doesn't even have a 4G antenna. Huh. Just a marketing term, I guess.

Last edited by holymadness; 11-03-2012 at 12:18 PM.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote