View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #22
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
1:No because i didn't know that tcc had to be in a certain directory
2: kindle 3 with 3g
3: Up until now, i had no idea that /mnt/us is a seperate partition. I thought that you aleays had to mount it read write regardless of where you want to modify files.
1: Step 1 in the first post of this thread says "extract kindle-tcc-1.3.tar.gz (below) to /mnt/us (USB drive)", which creates the tcc folder that it runs from. The scripts point there. The symlinks created by the installer point there. If you do not follow the directions posted in the first link (including step 1), it cannot work unless you modify the scripts like I said in my previous post.

2: TCC works great on a K3. The only complications were with the K5 and its "dirty" lib loader script, but even that was fixed in the newest version of the tcc package in the first post above.

3: EVERYTHING inside /mnt/ is a "separate partition" (or loop mount, or network share).

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-24-2012 at 09:11 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote