View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
A friend of mine with an iPad 1 just responded that he also had that problem with kids buying stuff, that's why I asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What does this app actually do when you purchase stuff, by the way. If it pops up a big warning and says "This will cost €7.99. Are you sure that you want to buy it?" and makes you explicitly confirm your purchase, can you say that the expenditure is unexpected?
I have no idea since my 4 year old kid did that (and she doesn't just randomly click on stuff, she can adjust brightness, start games, switch between them). It keeps popping up annoying adds and there is no wonder that they get clicked.

And it is indeed still unexpected that you can buy something by just clicking, without entering password. That's why amazon explicitly asks you to enable their patented "1-click" thing.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote