View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 01:31 PM   #6
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is Care DRM used for anything other then library books?

The thing is, Care DRM is worthless because there are so few devices/programs that work with it. My Kobo will not handle Care DRM. If I was stuck with a library using a service that used Care DRM, I would want to be able to remove the DRM to be able to read the eBooks.
It is used in Germany. We can choose if we like to lend a book for 2, 4, 7, 14 or 21 days. We can give it back early or it just expires. Why would anyone need to remove the drm when they can keep a book for three weeks?

Kobos aren't sold here anymore, so it is of no consequence if they can't read the new DRM. They want to sell their Tolinos and Tolino can do it. The libraries talked to Tolino first and then later to Pocketbook. They claim there is no need for them to cater to manufacturers that don't sell in Germany anymore, like Sony or Kobo. But considering how many of those Kobos still work I guess Kobo should make the CARE DRM accessible for their devices.

Last edited by Poppaea; 12-03-2019 at 01:55 PM. Reason: ETA Damn tablet keyboard!
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote