View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
What do you mean by "sideloading"?

My intention, when I bought my 505, was to use it entirely for free ebooks -- as I put it, "so I can read Project Gutenberg in bed." It's wonderful for that. I have ended up buying ebooks for it as well, but not from the Sony store; from Baen, O'Reilly, BVC, and a few other random places. My recommendation to everyone is Sony+calibre. But ... I'm also very much a techie, so I don't know how that will fly with your correspondent.

I've always found it baffling that people who have mastered complex and intricate things such as being able to hold a conversation with another person find it difficult to use a piece of technology that is not only built to be used easily, but comes with instructions!
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote