View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 08:07 PM   #12
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidintheclock View Post
hi, everybody. i'm not a kobo owner yet - but i've been following the news from canada and reading all the reactions.
However well intentioned you may be, thekidintheclock, am I the only one here that finds it disturbing someone is offering code to "fix" something the "thekidintheclock" programmer cannot test?

Are you aware that the 100 "free" ebooks on the Kobo aren't stored there as discrete ePubs at all?

Deleting the stylesheet in an ePub destroys the ePub -- let's not beat around the bush! You end up with one long text file. That is no longer an "e-book", it's an "e-text".

Those of us who have actually purchased a Kobo, let's all have a little patience and thoroughly enjoy reading the material at hand that works while the "men and women behind the curtain" go about fixing this flaw.

I fear that home brew solutions made in the heat of the moment ultimately make things worse for the end user, not better.

Last edited by SensualPoet; 05-11-2010 at 08:10 PM.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote