View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #79
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
They have dealt with the major issues with the 1.0........... The corners are rounded so they will no longer dig into your hand when holding it for long periods. The page buttons are smaller so would be harder to touch accidentally. They got rid of the funky slider thingy (which collects dirt). The keyboard is more traditional. Overall better looking (although frankly looks are for the vain and shallow). I like it and have ordered a Kindle for my wife. Once it is announced I will see if they will be sending the 2.0 and, if not, I will cancel and reorder so as to get the 2.0.

Quote:
I don't like holding a bare Sony at all
Actually, I don't either because it is metal (at least the 500 was) and therefore kinda cold. Kindle 1.0 is plastic and warm. 500 will prolly be sent on to my son.....

Quote:
I rather would have seen a silicon-rubber layer finish which is warmer,and allows better grip.
Agreed! That metal back is a step backward from the rubber on the 1.0 - IMHO.

Quote:
We have several really good sources inside Amazon.
I love spies! <g>

Last edited by CCDMan; 02-07-2009 at 11:24 AM.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote