View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #6
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Boys are, on average, much poorer at reading than girls - at least that's the case here in the UK. They are the ones who need the help.
I'm with desertgrandma in this. Even if the average boy is poorer at reading than the average girl; why use the gender loosely connectewd with the wanted characteristic instead of the characteristic? If you want to help poor readers, take poor reader into your test group. It may turn out that the group then contains mostly or even only boys, but the decision point should not be the gender.

*takes deep breath*

Sorry, I react this strongly, but it is this kind of sexism that get me angry, because it so often goes unnoticed by most.

Anyway, welcome to the forum jshea1571, I hope you will find the information and help you need or want here. And thank you for introducing ereading to those forming the future generation.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote