View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 06:05 PM   #40
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Well, I signed up, even though I don't enjoy reading of a back lit screen. But I figured I give it a try for 90 days. I only have the 2012 8.9 inch Kindle FireHD, so its a bit heavy for reading. I don't have any other tablet. I found the app to be a big laggy. Changing pages is quite jerky, but I get used to it.

The spacing is ok for me, but it doesn't do 2 columns, so its a bit cumbersome to read on a 8.9 screen. I think it would be better on a 7 inch tablet, but I don't have one.

I started reading a book and I am going to stay with it to see what I can get out of this. It really is nice for readers of romance, lots of options there so that is a huge plus for me. I notice I read a lot slower though on my fire than on my e-ink kindle. And again, its so heavy.

We'll see how it goes. Its a nice long enough free time to really give it a trial run.

So thanks for posting that offer.

eta: Just had to add that the app eats my battery like crazy. And that is with wifi off. I barely able to read 25% of the book and it went from 70% to 15%. Wowzer.

Last edited by Atunah; 04-19-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote