View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #37428
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Why would I count Saturday as sunset to sunset? I can't imagine the weekend ending at four in the afternoon during the winter months here.

I win.

Days used to be sunset to sunset. It's why you have Halloween and Christmas Eve. Originally, Christmas Eve was the Evening of Christmas day, that is, from sunset of the day before Christmas.

(Just like the year used to run from 25th March to 24th March. (Which is why Tolkien had the years at the end of LotR start on March 25th!))

I win, from trivia overload if nothign else.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote