Thread: MobileRead July 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #9
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I will not read the excellent nomination of Stories of Rwanda, as I saw a film about this genocide which made a huge impression on me. Heartbreaking. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Rwanda
There is so much more in this book than the hotel which was almost a side note. What struck me about this book was how little we know about the conditions in any given situation. The reasons. The errors in judegment we can make when we only see part of the story. This is an important book. I know that is just my opinion, but I think it was my best choice in books when doing my year in the life challenge. I think I'll be redoing my challenge for this year again, with maybe a caveat to keep the booklist a little shorter.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote